MyNetgear Account Login
Do you own a Netgear product or are planning to buy it? If yes, then you should know about MyNetgear account. My Netgear account is used to register Netgear products, receive security updates, post to the Netgear community, receive email support and product offers, and much more. You should create the account first.
The account that you create allows you to log in to the MyNetgear portal which is important to manage your Netgear product. Let us now tell you in detail how to create a Netgear account.
How to Create MyNetgear Account?
- Run an internet browser on your computer.
- Visit my.netgear.com.
- Click on Create an Account.
- Enter your email address and confirm it by entering it twice.
- Enter your First Name and Last Name in the provided fields.
- Next, enter the login password and confirm it by typing it again.
- Select the Country by choosing it from the Drop-down menu.
- Now, accept the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the checkbox.
- Click on Next.
- You will be navigated to the two-step verification page.
- You have the option to enable the 2-step verification which is an added layer of security. You will get a text message with a unique code that verifies your identity while you log in to the MyNetgear portal.
- If you wish to enable this added security option, then click Yes, Enable, or else click No Thanks.
- When you select to enable it, you will need to enter the phone number on which you wish to receive SMS messages.
- After entering the phone number, click Add Phone Number.
- You will receive a code on the same number.
- Enter the unique code that you received in the given field and click Verify.
- Click Finish.
- The Congratulations page will display on the screen.
This completes creating your Netgear login account. You can now log in using the login credentials that you’ve created just now. For your assistance, we have provided you with the login steps in the further section. Simply follow them and log in to the Netgear account.
How to Log in To MyNetgear Portal?
- On your computer or laptop, go to my.netgear.com.
- The login page will display itself on the screen.
- Type the email address and password. Use the same email address and password that you used while creating the account. Make no typing mistakes while inserting the login details.
- Click on Netgear Sign In.
You are now logged in to the MyNetgear portal. If you have purchased a Netgear product already, you should register it to the account. After registering the product, you will receive security updates for the same.
The next section highlights the process of registering your Netgear product with the Netgear account.
How to Register Netgear Product on MyNetgear?
To receive 24×7 technical assistance for your Netgear product and to receive product and security updates and offers, you should register your product to the MyNetgear portal. Here are the steps for the same:
Log in to your MyNetgear account using the login details that you created.
Upon logging in, click on Register New Product.
If you want to register only one product, then use this
- Insert your Netgear product’s serial number.
- Type the Date of Purchase.
- Finally, click Register.
NOTE: The serial number that is assigned to your Netgear product can be found on a label on the product’s back, bottom, or side panel.
If you wish to register Netgear products in bulk:
- Click on the option Add Multiple Products to open the Register Multiple Products page.
- Create a .csv file on your computer. You can create a file with up to 50 Netgear devices’ serial numbers.
- On the Register Multiple Products page, click Choose File.
- Navigate and select the .csv file that you created earlier.
- Click on Register.
- You now need to let the registration process complete.
- Once it is completed, click on Done.
You’ve registered your product/s with the MyNetgear portal login account. You will now receive support for the product from Netgear. You can also post your queries and concerns on the Netgear community.
There are chances that you might forget login password. In such a case, you should reset the account password using the steps given ahead.
Reset MyNetgear Portal Forgot Password
The steps to reset MyNetgear portal login password are as follows:
- Power up your computer and run an internet browser on it.
- Insert my.netgear.com in the URL bar and visit the login page.
- Click on Forgot password?
- Now, type the email address that you used to create the account.
- Next, you need to click on the reCAPTCHA checkbox and select it.
- Further, click on Reset Password option.
- Go to your email inbox to get the verification code.
- Type the code in the given field.
- Type a new password twice.
- Once done, click on Submit.
The login password is now reset. You can use the updated password to log in now.
Now you have created a MyNetgear account. You will begin receiving updates and offers now. Go ahead and explore the Netgear community and do much more.