Netgear EX6120 Setup | AC1200
Netgear EX6120 AC1200 WiFi range extender offers a solution for a home, where the WiFi router or modem connectivity does not reach all the parts of the building. Also, it works best in the areas which do not allow WiFi to be used outside. After Netgear EX6120 Setup, the extender connects with your existing network and extends the signal to further distance.
EX6120 is a Netgear middle range WiFi extender which can be helpful for every person to extend their existing router signal. What’s more, AC1200 EX6120 Setup delivers the streaming speed up to 1200 Mbps. With the advanced feature of the dual-band signal, you will able to connect your wireless device with 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network band.
Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup | AC1200
For Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup using WPS:
- Power on the AC1200 EX6120 extender.
- Place the extender and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once done, plug your extender into an electrical outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED on EX6120 to light green.
- Press the WPS button on the AC1200 extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the EX6120 Link Status LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good.
Note: If your router supports the 5 GHz band, your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time you press the WPS button. If your extender did not connect to the router’s 5 GHz band the first time, it may result in a lot of issues during extender setup. To resolve such issues at the earliest, contact our experts.
- Move your extender to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the location with poor WiFi router coverage.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended network. Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
That’s how you can complete your Netgear EX6120 Extender Setup using WPS button. If you come across any type of technical issue during the AC1200 EX6120 range extender setup process, feel free to contact our experts via chat.
Netgear EX6120 WiFi Extender Setup
- Mywifiext.com doesn’t open
- Mywifiext.net not working
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender is connected but no internet
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Netgear genie app doesn’t open
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- Can’t find the range extender network name
- The Extender is not working properly
- AC1200 EX6120 – no internet
- The extender red light causing issues
- Unable to perform the extender reset process
- Lost configuration CD
- WiFi connectivity issues
- The genie smart setup page continues to appear even after Netgear EX6120 WiFi extender setup
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Extender’s LED lights are not stable
- Can’t login to EX6120 extender
- EX6120 drops internet connectivity
- Unable to update the firmware
- Can’t access mywifiext.net after update on EX6120
- MAC address filtering errors
- Netgear AC1200 EX6120 not working failed update
- WiFi extender not connecting to internet
Fix all such issues within minimal time by contacting our expert technicians via chat or email.
Netgear EX6120 FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology provides you with maximum WiFi performance. Basically, it offers high-speed WiFi connection with a dedicated band connecting the WiFi router to your EX6120 extender and a second band connecting the WiFi device and extender. Please follow these steps to configure FastLane Technology on your Extender:
- Connect your client device to the AC1200 EX6120 extender.
- After that, open any web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press Enter key.
- Enter the username and password when the login window appears.
- On the Genie page, click on ‘Do More’ and then on ‘FastLane’ option.
- Now, you will get two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Select any option you like and click on the Save button.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender EX6120 Setup
Go through the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender EX6120 setup issues:
- Make sure that the AC1200 EX6120 extender is receiving proper power supply from the wall outlet.
- Confirm that the wall plug in which the extender is plugged in is not damaged or short-circuited.
- Access high-speed internet connection on your device.
- Check all the wired connections. Do not use any damaged cable.
- Keep your extender away from walls, room corners, microwave ovens, fish tanks, cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, aluminum studs, etc.
- If you are getting issues with mywifiext.net, be certain that you entered the correct URL in the address bar.
- Power-cycle your extender once and try to set it up again.
- Use only the latest version of web browser during mywifiext.net login.
- Update the latest firmware version on your extender.
- Reset the extender to its factory default settings.
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips resolve your issues? Don’t panic. Just take the instant support via chat or email to fix your Netgear EX6120 WiFi range extender setup issues.
Netgear EX6120 Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear AC1200 EX6120 WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update firmware on the extender right away. Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device. Talking in a layman’s language, the extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of the extender. So make sure to have the latest EX6120 firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to upgrade the firmware on your range extender:
- First and foremost, turn on your WiFi extender.
- Connect a PC, laptop or mobile device to the extender’s network.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the settings menu and click on Firmware Upgrade option.
- Thereafter, click on Check button.
- If there is any new AC1200 EX6120 firmware version available, click on yes button for firmware upgrade.
- Now, wait for some time and let the EX6120 firmware update properly.