Since Netgear extenders came into existence, they become a must-have need for users who want to enjoy lag-free internet. And, EX2700 is the most favorite of users when compared to other models of Netgear extenders. Imagine a scenario, there can be times you forget the password of your Netgear extender after giving it a start with a successful Netgear EX2700 setup. If so, this may stop you from accessing the internet on your devices, especially when you are trying to connect a new device to your extender’s network. Here backing up your WiFi can do wonders. In this write-up, we’ll be shedding light on the steps on how to backup WiFi settings on your Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender and protect your WiFi settings from losing.
To complete the process without any hassle, all you need to do is to follow the below-listed steps. So, without any further wait, give the how-to guide a read.
Backup WiFi Settings on Netgear EX2700 Extender
Save your EX2700 WiFi range extender from losing its WiFi settings by backing it up. Here’s how to do it.
- Before you start, make sure your extender is plugged into a working power outlet and receiving sufficient power.
- Now turn on the device that is connected to your EX2700 range extender.
- Open a web browser on it and type mywifiext.net in the address bar. If you are using a MAC or iOS device, consider using mywifiext.local instead.
- Pressing the Enter key will take you to the login page of your Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender.
- Reaching there, enter your username and password and select Log In.
Note: If you have changed the login details of your Netgear EX2700 extender after configuring it, consider using the modified details for a successful login.
- Once you find yourself on the dashboard of your extender, navigate to settings and locate the Backup option.
- As soon as you select it, you would be able to have a backup of the settings of your WiFi in the form of a file.
- Simply save the file on your computer and rid yourself of any worries about losing your WiFi settings.
Moving on, what if you lost your data and want to recover it on your extender? Well, below we’ve elaborated the steps on how to restore your WiFi settings. So, have a tab on the steps and get things done in a jiffy.
Restore WiFi Settings on Netgear EX2700 Range Extender
- Make sure the device on which your WiFi backup file is saved is connected to your extender via Netgear_ext SSID.
- Now, open a web browser on your device and access the login page of your EX2700 by typing the default web address into the address field.
- Log in to your extender by entering the default username and password.
- Head towards the settings section and locate the Restore option resting under the Other Settings tab.
- Selecting the option will ask you to select the backup file from your system.
- Choosing the Browse option, you can select the desired file and save settings by hitting the YES option.
- All the customized settings made to your Netgear EX2700 range extender will get recovered.
This is how you can backup WiFi settings on your Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender and restore them in case of data loss.
The process of backing up WiFi settings of a Netgear extender allows you to save all the necessary info of your device like WiFi settings, port forwarding, username & password, etc in the form of a file on your computer. Just in case you forget your extender’s password or there is some glitch in the device shoving you to reset your device to default factory settings, you can use these settings and restore your data with ease.
Although we have jotted down all the points in the write-up on how you can backup WiFi setting on your Netgear EX2700, just in case you find yourself stuck at any step, consider contacting our team of experts for quick help.