The act of logging in to a Netgear extender requires you to enter its important details which are the username and password. But, what if your extender rejects the password you entered? It surely means that you are facing the Netgear extender password incorrect issue. However, instead of making a long face, you are supposed to act upon the issue and fix it. But, do you know how? Well, this is what we have discussed in this post. So, read on.
[Reasons] Netgear Extender Password Incorrect Issue
Resolving the incorrect password issue with the range extender won’t be a tough nut to crack if you are familiar with the reasons behind it. However, before reading them, ensure that you are accessing the extender’s Netgear_ext and your WiFi device is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket. This is to inform you that the reasons causing the issue in the discussion also apply to the Netgear extender password not working issue. Here they are:
- The major culprit forcing you to face the password incorrect issue is the Caps Lock key on your keyboard. Thus, verify the same. Keep in mind that while doing extender login, the Caps Lock key on the keyboard is supposed to be in the OFF position.
- You are most likely to cross paths with the Netgear extender password incorrect issue if you’ve changed the login details but are now using the default ones. The default ones are only applicable if you’ve not even changed the single letter of the extender’s default password.
- Apart from these reasons, a technical glitch with the extender might also be possible reason behind the rejection of the password entree. Furthermore, viruses present on your devices can also bear similar outcomes.
How to Fix Netgear Extender Password Incorrect Issue?
The previous section made you aware of the reasons for tripping you into the password rejection issue with the Netgear extender. This section completely focuses on the hacks that you are supposed to follow to get the problem resolved:
- Know that the default admin info of the password is case-sensitive. Thus, avoid typographical errors as much as you can. Consider turning off the Caps Lock key as a precaution.
- Go down memory lane and make use of the new admin password and username to log in to the Netgear extender. Ensure that you are entering the login details into their respective fields only.
- Restart your wireless extender and check if the Netgear extender password incorrect issue gets resolved. Additionally, run a virus scan on your PC and delete any infected files (if detected).
Are you still facing the same problem? Worry not! The next section will make you aware of what to do in that case and how to prevent the occurrence of such issues in the future. In case you are tired of following the troubleshooting practices, it is recommended that you grab the hands of our technical experts and get their personalized help to resolve the issue.
[Prevention] Netgear Extender Password Incorrect Issue
Let’s first disclose what to do if the extender rejects the password you’ve entered even after following the above-discussed hacks. Thus, you should go with the reconfiguration of the range extender following the reset procedure. It is being advised because there is a high possibility that someone has made modifications to the settings of your extender. The entire reset and reconfiguration process can be found in the user manual of the Netgear extender. Reconfiguring the range extender will bring you login success. However, read the following tips to avoid facing issues similar to the Netgear extender password incorrect in the future:
- First of all, customize the admin password and username of your Netgear extender. The password can be a combination of alphanumeric and special characters. Jot down the admin details somewhere, in case you forget them.
- Use an upgraded version of the web browser every time you do Netgear login.
- Make sure that your extender shares a stable connection with the router during the login process.
- Consider checking the list of devices accessing the extender’s network frequently. You are supposed to kick out any suspicious device as it can prove to be a threat to the extender’s security.
Facing the Netgear extender password incorrect issue can be a pain in the head. Considering that you were one of them, we’re now assuming that you get acquainted with the reasons behind it. The post also shed light on the troubleshooting hacks and tips to prevent the occurrence of such issues in the future.
If even after giving a shot at the tips given here, you are not able to make it to the Netgear Genie setup wizard i.e. the issue is not ready to leave you, contact our experts. Don’t worry if you’ve done Netgear EX3700 setup at home. Because no matter which model you own, our experts have a solution to every problem related to Netgear extenders.