In this tech-savvy era, Netgear extenders are one of the best and leading networking devices in the internet industry. Almost everyone around the globe prefers it as it offers a high-speed internet connection to boost the existing network throughout the apartment and home. Extender also provides connectivity in low signal areas or dead zones. In this write-up, we will give you a step-by-step procedure to connect Netgear extender to the new router. Hence, the users are advised to go through the entire write-up without skipping the information.
Well, first we would like to tell you about the basic requirements of the configuration process so that you can prepare them before the procedure. By doing this you will easily reconfigure the extender with the new router.
Prerequisites | Connect Netgear Extender to New Router
Here is the list that contains all the important things that you have to get prepared:
- Good speed internet connection.
- A network (Ethernet) cable.
- Desktop or laptop.
- Default URL of the extender.
- Username and password of the device.
- Update web browser.
These are the important things that you should have to connect the Netgear extender to the new router. Now you need to reset the Netgear extender to reconfigure it with the new router.
Reset Netgear Extender
Use the following points to set the extender to its default factory settings:
- Power on the extender by plugging it into the wall outlet.
- Look for the Reset button that is located at the back panel mostly.
- Press the Reset button and you see the light blink.
- Wait for some time until the device is reset successfully.
After resetting the device you will able to perform the configuration process of the Netgear extender.
Methods to Connect Netgear Extender
For your information, there are two most important methods to connect the Netgear extender to the new router Web GUI and WPS button. You can go with any one of them according to your convenience. Below we discuss both of them in detail.
- Open the computer or laptop. You can use any one of them according to which one you have.
- Launch the web browser on your computer. Use anyone you have on your device.
Note: The web browser should run on its latest version because the outdated browser may not support internet activities. Plus, also keep the extra trash deleted from the browser.
- The next step of the procedure is to access the default URL of the device.
- Type the URL into the address bar of the web browser and press the Enter button.
- Now, you have to log into the extender by using the username and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
The Netgear extender dashboard will open in which you need to follow the on-screen prompts to connect Netgear extender to the new router.
If you find this method hard to perform, you don’t need to worry. After all, we have one more procedure for you that is easy than the web interface.
You can use this method in the WPS button authorized model so we advise you to check your devices i.e. router and extender to ensure they have the WPS button on them.
- Initially, give the electricity to the Netgear extender.
- Boot up the device by pressing the start button.
- Now, look for the WPS button on the extender as well as the router.
- Press the WPS button on the extender first for some time. After that press the router WPS button.
- Wait for some time until the devices are configured.
This is how you can connect the Netgear extender with the new router. You are now done with setting up Netgear extender with the new router.
Tip: After completing the configuration process of the Netgear extender check the firmware version once. Maybe it is running on its outdated version. If you found outdated firmware then update it at the same time to avoid the issues. You can get the best performance from the extender after updating the firmware.
Now, you know the procedure for how you can connect Netgear extender with the new router in a hassle-free manner. We suggest you don’t skip any points from the methods otherwise you may not be able to set up the Netgear extender with the new router. We hope this write-up assists you!