Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi range extender model ( EX7000 ) boosts your current WiFi coverage and speed.
Netgear EX7000 extender delivers the dual-band WiFi at the speed of up to 1900 Mbps. This Nighthawk WiFi extender combines a seamless range with supreme WiFi performance. Perfect for gaming and HD video streaming, it works with any standard WiFi router. Just install Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 extender and get the whole-home connectivity for smartphones, tablets, laptops, and much more.
This post will make you familiar with the process of Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 extender setup and configuration. Scroll down to read more.
There are two different methods for the Netgear AC1900 setup – using the installation assistant and via the WPS button. You can use any installation method which you find convenient. Both the methods are briefly explained below.
Set up Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Extender Using Installation Assistant
The Netgear installation assistant provides you an on-screen step-by-step guide to set up your Nighthawk extender. Here are the complete steps for your extender setup:
1. Power on your Netgear EX7000 extender and make sure that it is getting proper power supply.
2. Switch on your computer and connect it to the EX7000 extender.
3. Launch any web browser and go to mywifiext.net login web page.
4. Enter the username and passphrase into the provided fields.
5. Cross-check them once and click on the login button. In case you are unable to log in to your Netgear AC1900 EX7000 WiFi range extender, contact our experts and fix the issue in the least time.
6. The extender scans for available WiFi signals and finds the wireless networks in your area.
7. Now, it displays a list of WiFi networks.
8. Choose the network you want to extend and click next.
9. Enter the WiFi password to connect to your network.
10. The extender applies all the settings. Here, you can change the network name (SSID) and password if you want.
11. The extender is now connected to a WiFi network. Click on the next button to continue.
12. At last, click on the finish button.
That’s how you can set up your Netgear EX7000 – AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi mesh extender. Now, choose a location for your device. The ideal location to place your extender is far away from metallic objects, reflexive surfaces, and electronic appliances such as microwave ovens, refrigerators, electric water heater tanks, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, dishwashers, etc. You can check the Link Rate LED status as it indicates whether the location of your range extender is good or not. Once done, connect your smart WiFi and wired devices to access the extended WiFi network range and speed.
Set up Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 Extender Using WPS
If you found the first method (above-mentioned) quite difficult, use the WPS method for the new extender setup. WPS stands for WiFi Protected Setup which doesn’t require you to type the existing network name and password to connect your extender to the router. Let’s have a look at the complete steps to setup Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 WiFi range extender using WPS button:
1. Plugin your range extender to a wall socket.
2. Press the WPS button on the extender.
3. When the WPS light starts blinking, it means the extender is configuring with the router’s WiFi signals.
4. After some time, you will see three solid green LED lights on your extender. These lights signify that the extender has completely configured with the router.
5. In the case of dual-band extender, you have to repeat the steps.
That’s all! Your Netgear EX7000 range extender has been set up properly. To configure it properly, you have to access the default mywifiext login web page of Netgear extender. After that, you can activate its FastLane mode, adjust the WiFi coverage, view connected devices, change the WiFi speed, enable or disable the WiFi radios, change the WiFi network name, and a lot more. In case of any difficulty, feel free to get in touch with the experts via chat or email.