Are you having a hard time trying to troubleshoot the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue? If you are nodding your head in yes, then relax! In this post, we have mentioned some of the most effective troubleshooting tips that will help you get rid of the issue in a flash. So, wait no more, scroll down, and keep reading.
Fixed: Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting
Reboot Your Extender
Before you do anything else, reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender. Sometimes, all that a technical device needs is a restart.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reboot your wireless device:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to your extender’s network.
- Power off your extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for some time.
- Plug your extender back into the socket and power it on.
Check whether you are able to get rid of the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue. If not, then keep reading.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Performing Netgear extender firmware update can also help you troubleshoot the issue you’re currently facing with your device.
Walk through the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your extender to the latest version:
- Switch on your computer and open an internet browser on it.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, enter mywifiext.net, and press Enter.
Note: If you are using an Apple device, then consider using mywifiext.local to log in to your Netgear range extender.
- You will get welcomed by the Netgear extender login page.
- Enter the extender’s default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- The Netgear extender setup page will appear on your screen.
- Head over to the Settings option and click Administration.
- Select Firmware Update.
Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete performing Netgear firmware update.
If you face any issues while trying to update the firmware of your Netgear extender, get in touch with our well-versed technical experts.
Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing you can try to get rid of the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue is to keep WiFi interference at bay.
Therefore, keep your Netgear wireless extender away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, and televisions.
Bring Your Extender Closer to Router
Chances are that the distance between your extender and router is too much due to which you are facing the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue. To fix the issue, bring your extender closer to the router.
Additionally, make sure that the connection between your Netgear extender and router is secure as well as finger-tight.
Reset Your Netgear Extender
Has nothing worked for you so far? No problem! Resetting your extender will surely resolve the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue for you.
Follow the aforementioned tips and learn how to reset your Netgear WiFi device:
- Firstly, ensure that your device is getting a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Once assured, look for the Reset button located on your WiFi device.
- Found? Good. Now, press the button carefully.
- Wait for some time and let your device get restored to the default mode.
Note: Whether you are facing the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue with your Netgear EX6100 setup or Netgear N300 setup, the tips listed in the post will surely help you fix it.
The Bottom Line
If after following the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you are still struggling with the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue, it is highly recommended that you get in touch with our technicians.