Configuring a Netgear N300 extender makes it easier for users to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection. But, like any other electronic device, N300 wireless range extender is also vulnerable to certain technical issues. And among all, Netgear orange light issue is most reported these days.
If you are also going nuts trying to figure out how to get rid of the Netgear orange light issue with your N300 extender, then follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below. They will surely help you resolve the issue you’re currently facing.
Reasons Why You Are Facing Netgear Orange Light Issue
Prior to reading the troubleshooting tips, take a minute to learn about the reasons why you are facing the orange light issue with your Netgear N300 wireless extender:
- You haven’t performed Netgear N300 setup properly.
- Your Netgear extender and home router are not properly connected.
- The firmware of your Netgear N300 range extender is outdated.
- The WiFi signals of your range extender are getting interrupted.
- There is some hardware damage.
Now, you can follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and rid yourself of the Netgear orange light issue.
Fixed: Netgear Orange Light Issue with N300 Extender
a) Reboot the Netgear Extender
Rebooting the device is the first thing that users prefer doing whenever the LED lights on their extenders start acting out. You should try it too! Who knows it might work for you?
Mentioned below are the steps that will help you give your wireless device a new start:
- Power off your Netgear N300 extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Then, plug the N300 extender back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
Once you are done rebooting your extender, check whether you are still facing the Netgear orange light issue. If you are, then continue reading.
b) Perform Netgear N300 Setup Properly
As mentioned above, if you configured your Netgear N300 range extender properly, then also you come across the orange light issue. Therefore, make sure that you set up your device thoroughly.
If you need help in performing Netgear N300 setup, it is recommended that you get in touch with our well-versed technical experts.
c) Update the N300 Extender’s Firmware
Have you ever noticed how your mobile device stops functioning properly whenever its update is pending? Well, chances are that your Netgear N300 extender is going through the same issue. Therefore, waste no more time, and update the firmware of your wireless device by following the instructions mentioned below:
- Connect the Netgear N300 extender and your home router. You can connect them wirelessly as well as using an Ethernet cable.
- Switch on your PC and connect it to Netgear_ext.
- Launch an internet browser.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted to log in, enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Maintenance.
- Select Firmware Update.
Although updating the firmware of your Netgear N300 extender will help you get rid of the orange light issue, on the off chance, you’re struggling with the same, consider restoring your wireless device to the factory default settings.
Note: As soon as you are done resetting your N300 wireless range extender, do not forget to reconfigure the device.
We are certain about the fact that the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will help you fix Netgear orange light issue with N300 range extender.
For any further doubts or queries, feel free to reach out to our well-versed technical experts. They will surely take care of all your extender-related troubles. So, just sit back, and relax!