Got your hands on a Netgear WiFi range extender? Want to use it to extend T-Mobile 5G internet? Get detailed guidelines to perform the connection and setup in this blog. Let us tell you that a T-Mobile 5G gateway device combines the capabilities of a router and a modem. If this single device does not help you get internet signals throughout your home, then you can install a WiFi extender to extend the existing range. Keep on reading ahead to learn how to connect T Mobile home internet to a WiFi extender.
Before You Connect T Mobile 5G Gateway to Extender:
Before you begin connecting the Netgear WiFi extender to the 5G gateway by T-Mobile, here are a few things that you need to get ready:
1. Set Up T-Mobile Gateway
Make sure that you have already set up the T-Mobile gateway device in the home. Before setting up the extender, you must set up the main gateway. You can use the T-Mobile internet app to complete the installation of the device.
2. Reset Netgear Extender
If you have an already used WiFi extender that you are trying to connect to gateway then you should reset it first. The extender must be running on the default factory settings before connecting it to the main router or the main gateway. So use the Reset button and have the factory settings running on the extender.
3. Ensure Stable Internet & Power Connection
To avoid getting stuck during the installation process, see to it that there is a stable internet connection at your home. Also make certain that the power supply is non-fluctuating.
Let us shed light on how to connect T Mobile home internet to WiFi extender by Netgear.
How to Connect T Mobile Home Internet to WiFi Extender?
Method 1: Using Web Interface
Simply use the web URL mywifiext.net or the default IP address to log in to the extender and go to its setup page and carry out the setup process. Use the steps given below:
- Initiate the connection process by making the Netgear extender sit next to the T-Mobile 5G gateway device.
- Power off the gateway for some time.
- Use a LAN cable and link the LAN port of the 5G gateway to the Internet port of the Netgear WiFi extender. Make a firm and secure connection to avoid any issues.
- Plug in and power up the T Mobile gateway first. Let it boot up completely.
- Next, plug in your WiFi extender and turn it on.
- Now, when the extender is fully booted up, connect your computer or laptop to its network. Get information about its default SSID by checking the label on it. You can also use a LAN cable for better connection.
- The Netgear extender setup page should display on a browser. If this does not open up then insert mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the URL field of the browser.
- Type the default username and password if prompted.
- Enter T-mobile home internet details when you are asked for the network that you wish to extend.
- Assign network name and WiFi password and admin password for Netgear extender.
- Keep on executing what other instructions on the screen suggest and complete the installation process.
This is how to connect T Mobile home internet to WiFi extender. The extender is now ready to extend the existing network signals.
Method 2: Using Nighthawk App
Netgear extender can also be connected using the mobile app by Netgear. The Nighthawk app is also used to manage the network and change the settings of the extender. Use these steps to complete the extender setup:
- Download and install the mobile app by Netgear on your smart phone.
- Get your phone connected to the extender’s WiFi using the right SSID and WiFi password.
- Run the app and the Netgear Extender Setup page should display itself.
- Use the prompts and complete the Netgear extender setup using the mobile phone.
To Briefly Conclude
This is all about how to connect T Mobile home internet to the Netgear WiFi extender to complete the setup. Your WiFi extender is now ready to extend the main gateway’s WiFi thereby expanding the network coverage in your home. Relocate the extender to a place where you want to get WiFi signals. While relocating, make sure the extender is still sitting within the network range of the T-Mobile internet gateway if they are connected wirelessly. This is because the extender must get stable internet signals so that it can extend them further. Hoping to help you, here we conclude our piece of write-up.